A goal either side of half time saw the points shared at the Butcher’s Arms as Droylsden spoilt Colne’s one hundred per cent record in the league.

Alex Curran put the visitors ahead on the stroke of half time, after the home defence failed to deal with an Gaughan cross while Sefton Gonzales equalised just a minute into the second half after Liam Caddick’s effort was initially saved by Hakan Burton as the Bloods broke.

In a hard fought match,which will give confidence to Dave Pace’s team,giving a debut to new signing Javan Vidal and welcoming back Luke Daly,chances were few and far between in the first forty five minutes.

Webb Foster came close in the opening minutes for the visitors after Dylan Smith had given the ball away,shortly after Sefton Gonzales,with the net at his mercy,headed across goal.

Gaughan,an early replacement for the injured Webb Foster had the best chance for the visitors,Thompson saving well in the Bloods goal,as it looked as though the sides would finish the half goalless before Curran’s strike on the stroke of half time.

Gonzales’ equaliser galvanised the home team after the break,full back Antoine Clarke’s shot just drifting wide soon after.

But Droylsden were let off the hook when Dylan Smith failed to deal with Lynch and tackled from behind with the forward advancing.Lynch stayed on his feet and forced a brilliant save from Thompson,Smith ending in the referee’s book.

The game opened up in the last quarter,both sides having chances to take all three points.

With minutes to go, Droylsden felt they should have had a penalty when Luke Daly appeared to have been impeded by the Colne keeper while at the other end, Curran’s chip nearly caught Thompson off guard.

Star player for Droylsden Domaine Rouse

Category: Match Reports

FA Cup replay 05/09/18

Droylsden were bundled out of the FA Cup by the North West Counties team,centre half Ben Reader’s goal after just eleven minutes the difference between the two sides.

Gate’s battling performance restricted the Bloods to few chances while they themselves looked the more likely to score on the counter attack.

The Bloods were given a warning early on, Daniel Grey crossing for Richard Seear to spurn an early chance at the far post before an unmarked Reader headed home from a free kick past Thompson.

Droylsden created very little in response,their best chance coming on the half hour mark, Liam Caddick shooting straight at the keeper.

But the home team finished the stronger before half time,Brett Dawson cutting in from the left to shoot just over from a narrow angle, while Chris Thompson was forced into a good save from Riley after the ball was given away.

Ben Barber came on for Callum Bagshaw early in the second half as Dave Pace’s team looked to change formation.With twenty five minutes left,the Bloods best move of the match,saw Fletcher save well from Domaine Rouse,but with the clock ticking Droylsden created little more.

The home team continued to look dangerous and Thompson was forced into action again,saving a low free kick from Charnley.

Right on the stroke of full time, Bloods had a great chance to equalise,substitute Brandon Zibaka crossing after battling to the byline but a combination of Clive Smith and Sefton Gonzales saw the ball go wide and with it ended the Bloods brief FA Cup journey this season

Category: Match Reports

Droylsden 4-2 Runcorn Linnets

A six goal thriller at the Butcher’s Arms saw Droylsden get their season underway with three points against newly promoted Runcorn Linnets.

Seven players made their debut for the club in the starting line up but it was old faces Sefton Gonzales and Liam Caddick who put the Bloods ahead before half time in in a first half of few chances.

Gonzales scoring from close range after 20 mins and Liam Caddick doubling the lead ten minutes later latching onto a loose ball to hit a long range past Dylan Forth in the Linnets goal.

The visitors looked more dangerous after conceding the second, Chris Thompson in the Bloods goal forced into saving a Louis Corrigan free kick which was heading for the top corner but the Bloods had a great chance to make it three on the stroke of half time when Domaine Rouse burst into the penalty area but was unable to finish

The visitors came back hard in the second half, and pulled a goal back eight minutes into the half,Freddie Potter scoring from close range.

They controlled the game for a while, a corner only needing a touch as it flew across the Bloods six yard box and they had the ball in the net on sixty five minutes only for the linesman to rile Paul Shanley’s header offside.

But against the run of play a second brilliant individual goal from Sefton Gonzales with twenty minutes seemed to have sealed the game for the home team, Gonzales latching onto a long ball,shrugging off the defender and rounding the advancing goal keeper to put the ball into an empty net.

But the visitors weren’t finished, Thompson was forced into a great save to deny Kieran Holt before Potter claimed a second converting substitute Sherlock’s cross with ten minutes left.

Potter could easily have had a hat trick just a minute later, his header from a Corrigan free kick going inches wide before Droylsden sealed it at the other end, Gonzales beating two defenders and setting up substitute Sam Madeley to head home

Star man for the Bloods Sefton Gonzales

Category: Match Reports

Match report Lancaster 1-3 Droylsden

The Bloods season got off to a flying start with three points at the Giant Axe.

Goals from new signings Liam Caddick and Lloyd Ellams sealed the victory after the new look Droylsden team had fallen behind early in the first half from a free kick by Lancaster skipper Richard Mercer which found the top corner.

The Bloods were level four minutes later Lloyd Ellams pouncing on the box to fire home past Mike Hale in the Lancaster goal.

There were few other chances in a right first half, the home team coming the closest to taking the lead when a Dan Shearwood shot from outside the area clipped the bar.

The Bloods looked the stronger team in the second half, Paul McManus having an early chance after great work on the left by Aaron Walters, though his header went wide.

Manager Dave Pace brought on Yomi Samuels for Dan Parkinson on the right and the change soon brought dividends as a Samuel's cross found Liam Caddick who volleyed home from just outside the six yard box to put the Bloods in front on sixty three minutes.

Droylsden began to take control of the game, Caddick shooting wide after a run into the left of the penalty area and sealed the three points five minutes from time when a ball over the top from Yomi Samuels found Caddick who chipped the keeper and headed home into an empty net.

Manager Dave Pace in a brief after match comment said he was pleased with the way that the team had responded after going a goal down earlier on.

Category: Match Reports

Page 1 of 36