Droylsden 1-1 Buxton 

Saturday 24 August 2013 – Evo-Stik NPL

By Gary Owen

 Buxton - Lee Morris (11')The Bucks' 100% start to the season was halted at Droylsden, but
manager Martin McIntosh was not overly concerned.


"If you take four points from two away games, you've got to be happy."  However, on the
day's events, McIntosh was a little disappointed.  "I don't think that
Andy Warrington had anything to do in the second half, and if anyone
was going to win the game, it would have been us, but unfortunately,
in the last third we didn't take our chances, and so everyone in there
is disappointed as we feel we should have won the game."

The league leaders found themselves behind after only six minutes when
the home side countered following a Buxton corner.  Lee Healey and
PoryaAhmadi broke away down the right flank, and Healey crossed for
Ahdami to tap home, but the ex-Chorley man glaringly missed his first
chance, only to recover and swing into a shot under Warrington.

However, it took only five minutes for McIntosh's men to level
matters, when Craig King robbed Ryan Hibbert on the half-way line,
before finding former Droylsden striker Lee Morris on the edge of the
box, who took a touch before firing a low drive beyond Dale Latham and
into the far corner.

Morris was then presented with a good chance from Grant Black's cross,
but he headed over from a central position when unmarked.

King was denied by an outstretched Droylsden leg, and in first half added time,
Lewis Killeen blazed over from 16 yards for the hosts.The Bucks took control after the break, and Morris was denied a second
by a fine stop, low to his right by Latham, with Jack Broadfield ready
to pounce on any spillage.

Latham then tipped over a 30 yard effort
from Scott Maxfield, but the Droylsden keeper then turned from hero to
almost villain when he gifted the ball to Istead.  The Bucks skipper
found Leon Osborne, but the substitute scooped over with only Latham
to beat.Istead himself then stung the home keeper's palms with a 25 yard
effort of his own, and the league leaders almost secured the points in
added time.  Latham came to punch a Black free kick, but Mark Reed got
his head to the ball first.  Unfortunately for Buxton, the ball
cleared the bar and landed on the roof of the net.

The point was the first of the season for The Bloods, and their boss
Dave Pace was pleased.  "I thought we did well in the first half, and
a couple of little mistakes cost us,but overall in that opening period
we moved the ball around well."  As for his team's second half
performance, he added "I don't know if tiredness had an effect, but we
didn't play as well, and overall I thought a draw was a fair result."

Droylsden (4-3-3): Latham, Hibbert, Dieyte (Slaven, 78'), Langfrod,
Grant, Ahmed, O'Hare (Westwood, 68'), Killeen, Ahmadi, Ward (Crerand,
61').  Unused subs - Headlam, Walton.
Buxton (4-3-3):  Warrington, Black, Green, Istead, Broadhead, Ryan,
Thornhill (Osborne, 57'), Niven, Morris (Reed, 57'), Maxfield, King
(Stevens, 85'). Unused subs - Palmer, Johnson.



REFEREE:  Mr. Gary Hilton (Wigan)GOALS:  Droylsden - PoryaAhmadi (6')


Category: Match Reports